- Street: 53 W Jackson Blvd., Suite 1256
- City: Chicago, IL
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 60604
- Slogan or Tagline: To Promote and Enhance the Economic Interests of Small Business Franchisees
- Phone Number: (312) 431-0545
- Fax Number: (312) 431-1469
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website Address: http://www.franchisee.org/
- Contact Person: Susan P. Kezios, President
- Year Formed: 1993
- Listed: October 22, 2015 10:44 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The American Franchisee Association (AFA) is a national trade association of franchisees and dealers founded in February 1993. The AFA works to improve the industry of franchising while protecting its members’ economic investments in their businesses.
The AFA advocates for and provides testimony in favor of changing the rules and laws that govern franchising on both the state and federal level. In 1995 the AFA organized its franchisee and dealer membership nationwide, attaining the election of 137 delegates from 27 different chains to attend the White House Conference on Small Business in Washington, DC where franchisee legal issues were among the final 60 recommendations presented to the President and Congress for immediate action.
In 1996 franchisees from 30 different chains worked to develop the AFA’s Model Responsible Franchise Practices Act (“Model Act”). The purpose of the Model Act is to promote the growth of franchising through a uniform set of standards.
1504 total views, 1 today